- txforesttrailAsked on February 03, 2018 at 04:29 PM
A few years back, we created a jotform for photo contest submissions and it was very successful.
We would like to reproduce our contest, but we would like to incorporate online voting.
Is there a way, we could create a second form for public voting that would automatically populate and display specified fields when a user makes a new submission?
Thanks so much for your assistance.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 03, 2018 at 06:08 PM
...create a second form for public voting that would automatically populate and display specified fields when a user makes a new submission?
If I understand the requirements correctly, there are 2 forms involve. Correct me if I misunderstood.
1. The previous Photo Contest form (tell us the URL of this form...)
2. The new Voting form
I think this can be achieved by using the feature of the Spreadsheet to Form widget.
User guide: How to Use the Spreadsheet to Form Widget
1. Create the google spreadsheet report of the 1st form (Photo Contest form)
2. Use the Spreadsheet to Form widget to populate the 2nd form (Voting form) with the field data from the 1st form.
3. So when users submit the 2nd form, there should be data on the form from the 1st form.
We can provide you with more possible solutions if you can provide us with more details about the process of what you need to happen on the form.
I hope this help. Let us know how we can be of further assistance.
- txforesttrailAnswered on February 03, 2018 at 06:15 PM
Spreadsheet to form widget?!!
That is exactly what I was looking for!
- txforesttrailAnswered on February 03, 2018 at 06:17 PM
We won't be using this exact form, but this is the one we used last time.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 03, 2018 at 08:03 PM
Thank you, as explained by my colleague, you may download the data from one form and load it into a new form using the spreadsheet to form widget; however, please note that not all fields are allowed by this widget, I would recommend you to check the guides shared above and let us know if you have questions.