- SeanAsked on February 06, 2018 at 04:08 PM
My account is suspended and I do not know why....Page URL:
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 06:45 PM
There are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a Signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.