- tigersteAsked on February 06, 2018 at 04:26 PM
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add an 'Image Radio Buttons' widget with some values to a form
2. Create an email template with the widget field and set 'Hide Empty Fields' on
3. Submit test of form
Even though no radio was selected, a value of 'false' is generated, so the field is never treated as empty. Therefore it's impossible to hide from email submission.
I tried to build an example form (https://form.jotformeu.com/80366809260358) but when I preview it the radios don't render at all!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 07:11 PM
You're right. I was able to reproduce the problem. It is clearly a bug.
I have informed our widget team about this and we'll let you know here once this is fixed.
- tigersteAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:26 PM
Thank you, any idea how long this is likely to take? I was in the final stages of creating a form and this is the only thing holding it up now. Many thanks
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:33 PM
Sorry, we can't provide an ETA. Rest assured, you will be informed here once this is fixed.
For now, you may consider using the Image Checkbox Widget. This is very similar to the Image Radio Buttons Widget. You can also limit the max selection to one if you want to disable multiple selections.
The Image Picker Widget is also a good alternative.
- tigersteAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:38 PM
Thank you for the suggestions but its not really an option - It took a while to set them up as they are and I don't want to invest time switching to a similar plugin where the same problem could exist.
I also don't understand why you have several plugins that offer seemingly the same functionality - surely this will just confuse users and its better to have a single option that covers all bases?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:50 PM
We completely understood. Since that's not an option, we will have to wait for the developer's update. Anyway, this bug is assigned with high priority so hopefully, this will be checked soon.
I understand your point but they actually have their own differences in terms of functionality and design so I don't think it would create confusion. In my personal opinion, it is always better to have alternatives. :)
- tigersteAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 03:09 PM
It's been a week with no progress - could I have an update please? Many thanks
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 04:22 PM
There is no updates yet, unfortunately, there is no estimated time-frame for a resolution from our back-end team.
- tigersteAnswered on February 21, 2018 at 03:32 PM
Another week and nothing, pretty poor for a high priority bug. There's another issue with this field in that all image swatches are output to the console, so clearly someone's forgotten to remove one or more console.log statements from the script...
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 21, 2018 at 04:00 PM
I don't want to give you false expectations, this could take longer, and there is no way for us to expedite the resolution time-frame. If you have encountered another issue with this widget, please open a new thread to report it, and provide us with more details, so we could submit it to our back-end team if necessary.
- tigersteAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 01:59 AM
It has now been a month and this 'high priority' issue still hasn't been resolved, which is concerning for a high traffic widget. Its now holding up the delivery of a project.
As a professional web developer myself I can understand that delays happen, but something like this shouldn't take a month to resolve.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 06:51 AM
Unfortunately, we do not have an update yet. But, I see that one of our developers is assigned to this issue and is working on it. So, he does also receive your update requests instantly.
Thank you for cooperation and patience! I believe the bug will be fixed in the nearest future.
- tigersteAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 03:38 PM
Thanks for the update Victoria - fingers crossed it will be resolved soon.
- tigersteAnswered on March 13, 2018 at 02:21 PM
Can I have another update please?
I'm sorry but won't be using Jotform for future projects as taking more than five weeks to resolve a high priority bug is just not good enough and your competitors have much better response rates.
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on March 13, 2018 at 03:16 PM
We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused. Kindly note our development team is still working o a solution and we will update you on this thread once the issue is resolved.
Once again our sincerest apology on any inconveniences this may have caused.
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on March 13, 2018 at 04:23 PM
Hi we apologize for the late turn around. It has already been fixed. Please try it out and let us know if the problem persist.
- tigersteAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 03:44 AM
Thank you for the update and I can confirm it has been fixed.
As someone that works in the same field, some friendly feedback - if you don't have an escalation process - you need one.
Whilst I don't expect to get higher escalation personally, the nature of this particular bug does - it's a highly used widget, sending non-sensical 'false' information in an email.
If it was truly 'high-priority', it wouldn't have taken almost six weeks to fix.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 07:38 AM
Once again our sincerest apologies on the delay! The fact is that we always try to improve our products, so the developing process is never ending.
We do appreciate your patience as to this particular issue.
If we can help you more, just let us know by starting a new thread.