- tigersteAsked on February 06, 2018 at 04:26 PM
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add an 'Image Radio Buttons' widget with some values to a form
2. Create an email template with the widget field and set 'Hide Empty Fields' on
3. Submit test of form
Even though no radio was selected, a value of 'false' is generated, so the field is never treated as empty. Therefore it's impossible to hide from email submission.
I tried to build an example form (https://form.jotformeu.com/80366809260358) but when I preview it the radios don't render at all!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 06, 2018 at 07:11 PM
You're right. I was able to reproduce the problem. It is clearly a bug.
I have informed our widget team about this and we'll let you know here once this is fixed.
- tigersteAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:26 PM
Thank you, any idea how long this is likely to take? I was in the final stages of creating a form and this is the only thing holding it up now. Many thanks
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:33 PM
Sorry, we can't provide an ETA. Rest assured, you will be informed here once this is fixed.
For now, you may consider using the Image Checkbox Widget. This is very similar to the Image Radio Buttons Widget. You can also limit the max selection to one if you want to disable multiple selections.
The Image Picker Widget is also a good alternative.
- tigersteAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:38 PM
Thank you for the suggestions but its not really an option - It took a while to set them up as they are and I don't want to invest time switching to a similar plugin where the same problem could exist.
I also don't understand why you have several plugins that offer seemingly the same functionality - surely this will just confuse users and its better to have a single option that covers all bases?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 01:50 PM
We completely understood. Since that's not an option, we will have to wait for the developer's update. Anyway, this bug is assigned with high priority so hopefully, this will be checked soon.
I understand your point but they actually have their own differences in terms of functionality and design so I don't think it would create confusion. In my personal opinion, it is always better to have alternatives. :)
- tigersteAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 03:09 PM
It's been a week with no progress - could I have an update please? Many thanks
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 04:22 PM
There is no updates yet, unfortunately, there is no estimated time-frame for a resolution from our back-end team.