- Brett LarsenAsked on February 07, 2018 at 04:55 PM
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 07, 2018 at 06:49 PM
Your account was suspended because you created a form to collect social security numbers which is considered a sensitive information. Online form builders, including JotForm are being used for identity theft. Therefore, we go to great lengths to prevent this. That is why SSNs are considered as a Phishing activity as stated in our Terms
Therefore, when you do request SSN, our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account or this will be manually performed by our Staff.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
If your purpose is not to collect SSN from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a Signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
3. If possible, change the email address on your profile to one that shows your business domain rather than the public email address you currently show.