- shopcraftAsked on February 11, 2011 at 05:39 PM
My customer has been able to submit my "Generic Quote FormGeneric Quote FormGeneric Quote Form" blank when I have * required fields. Is there a glitch in the system or is something else happening?
Here is a link to the form:
- warnersAnswered on February 12, 2011 at 04:52 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on February 12, 2011 at 05:42 PM
Then perhaps JotForm should use a blend of client side and server side checks for non-filled required fields? (It's my understanding that instead of using one or the other method, it's best to use both.)
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM
I tested this form and it did not allow me to submit the form without filling the fields.
Shopcraft: If it allows this on your customer's computer, can you find out the browser type and version your customer is using?
- shopcraftAnswered on February 15, 2011 at 06:49 AM
- JerryDTAnswered on March 14, 2012 at 04:00 PM
We just had the same sort of thing happen, though in our case, we have no idea who initiated the form submission. Did anyone ever nail this down?
- jcm0731Answered on March 14, 2012 at 05:40 PM
Incorporating a captcha field in your forms might help, as this would help deter potential spammers. Serious customers wouldn't mind filling out a captcha field.
Hope this information helps. Let us know if you have follow-up questions.