- jpalladinoAsked on February 08, 2018 at 10:26 AM
I need to create a widget that allows multiple image uploads with descriptive text label. Currently I don't see anything like this and I'd like to create one. Can I create it and not have to host it? If it has to be hosted, do you have hosting options?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 11:42 AM
Yes, you can create a widget. For more information, please check this link: http://developers.jotform.com/widgets
You can also try the File Uploader by Uploadcare. Here's the link: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/file_uploader_by_uploadcare
Also, here's the demo form: https://form.jotformeu.com/61394223844356
I hope this information helps. Thank you.
- jpalladinoAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 01:02 PM
Do I need to host it or can the widget be hosted on JotForm?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 01:45 PM
According to this guide, iFrame Widgets are hosted by you on an external website. The widget is then included within an iFrame on the form. Using the JotFormCustomWidgets.js library you can communicate with the form. You can resize the widget, send data to the form and subscribe to form events.
I hope this information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- jpalladinoAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 01:48 PM
Yes, I saw that in the guide the other day. I asked the question because I currently don't have an option to host the iFrame widget. Is there an option to purchase, where JotForms will host it for me?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on February 08, 2018 at 02:58 PM
There is not currently an option for hosting externally created widgets on our servers and we do not offer hosting options. The widget would need to be hosted on your own servers.