- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 06:11 AM
To integrate your form with Adobe Sign, you just drag and drop the Adobe Sign Widget to your form, then you Authenticate to Adobe Sign where you give access to the JotForm app.
Here is a sample cast:
Let us know if you need further help.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 09:26 AM
I will answer to your question in another thread to avoid confusion.
- Brian WeissAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 12:43 PMIt started to work better with a Cognito browser. But thenI tried it out and it said the same thing -- didn't let me access to sign on your card and said auth token thing again. Is it the case that I have to be a Business or Enterprise user for Adobe Sign? That is $50 a month! Didn't expect to pay an extra $600 each year to make this feature work. I've spent so much time on this. Also Docusign requires the same cost to have more than 5 per month. Will it count as more than 5 if I only use it through your jotform card? Hoping I can use the $15 a month plan.For all of your other e-sign widgets are there any that create a binding signiture as good as Adobe and Docusign? Will they email the contract to both parties?
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:13 PM
Your question has been moved as a new thread, because it is not related to the topic of this one.
We kindly encourage you to always start a new thread if you have another question.
- Brian WeissAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:43 PMAre you answering it? I don't see an answer here or in the new thread
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 01:51 PM
If you are having problems authenticating to Adobe Sign, please try using the Private Mode (Incognito) of your browser.
The authentication should ask for login credentials again.
There is already an open issue with users being unable to authenticate to Adobe Sign.
You can follow here:
That user was able to authenticate using Incognito. You might want to check Activate Signer Flow in the widget for it to work. You can check that thread for more information.
- Brian WeissAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 02:43 PMYes I know. I've already done that and mentioned to you I had in a previous thread before you moved it to this one. Please listen to what I'm asking:I tried it out and it said the same thing -- didn't let me access to sign on your card and said auth token thing again. Is it the case that I have to be a Business or Enterprise user for Adobe Sign? I called Adobe Sign and they think I might have to buy the Business or Enterprise one first before it will work. Please confirm if it's true or if I can just use the basic one.It is still not working when I use the Incognito and authenticate there.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 03:29 PM
This issue has been forwarded to our developers for investigation in your other thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1383182. Once we have an update, you will let you know on your other thread.
- Brian WeissAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 05:43 PMOk this is very urgent. I really need to get this form up and have been wasting so much time on this. Please get them to check into this immediately
- Brian WeissAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 01:43 PMAny update? This is URGENT. Thanks
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 14, 2018 at 03:00 PM
You must be referring to your other thread with the issue ticket here
Please refer to that thread instead for the updates.