- aa2012Asked on February 09, 2018 at 01:51 PM
I'm attempting to change the height of my widget but nothing is happening.
I used the live chat to talk with someone from technical support, who told me to post here about the issue. The reason that I'm trying to change the height is because the widget is now displaying with a scrollbar and I can't seem to adjust the size so that the scrollbar goes away. It didn't used to have a scrollbars but they appeared after the jotform cards update? I am at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas?
- MarvihAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 02:44 PM
Can you please try changing the Height on the Properties Settings of the widget.
I set the Height to "500" and it seemed to remove the scroll bars.
Here is the cloned form.
- aa2012Answered on February 09, 2018 at 04:53 PM
I tried that again, but it didn't work. I also tried clearing my form cache, and I am using an incognito browser just in case.
- MarvihAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 05:11 PM
Let me escalate this to our Development team and get this checked.
We will reply on this thread if the issue is addressed.
Thank you and sorry for the convenience.
- aa2012Answered on February 13, 2018 at 10:43 AM
Greetings, is it possible for you to check on the status of my ticket? I haven't heard anything back yet, and it's been several days. Thanks a bunch.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 13, 2018 at 11:52 AM
Unfortunately, we do not have an update yet from our developers. I will contact the developer assigned to this ticket and I will ask for an update.
We will let you know via this thread once an information is available. Thank you for your patience.
- aa2012Answered on February 21, 2018 at 09:32 PM
Any news? Its been over a week. I went in and created a new fresh form using only 1 page this time and the scrolling bar is there from the get go. Not sure what else to do to get it to go away.
Here is a link to the new form that still shows the issue - I only credited the widge - image picker and put in the links to where they images are located etc. Tried changing the height but it does not seem to affect it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 22, 2018 at 02:59 AM
Sadly the issue with the height not working with the Image Picker Widget is still open.
For the meantime, since our goal is to get you up and running as soon as possible, will you be open for a suggestion? I'm seeing you are using images as the options for the selection but they appear to be texts in general. In my opinion, using the SINGLE CHOICE FIELD would be a better alternative as opposed to using images that have text in it with the IMAGE PICKER WIDGET.
1. Accessibility - Screen readers can't read the texts inside your images.
2. Users are more accustomed to seeing texts as texts.
3. If a user would like to copy the text, they won't be able to since they are images to begin with.
4. The Single Option (radio button) field is a more common way of limiting one answer per question. I'm mentioning this because you have set the Image Picker to be limited to just 1 max selection.
5. It looks neater overall.
Of course this is just my perspective on the current look and feel of the form you're building. To get a quick comparison, have a look at this form https://www.jotform.com/80521166143953. The first page uses the Single Choice field, and the second page will be the Image Picker widget.