- tylerrwrightAsked on February 09, 2018 at 04:11 PM
I sent a model release form and a wedding contract form to my clients and they both sent me a screen that said "your transaction couldn't be completed." Super confusing.
Then I tried to embed the forms on my website. I'm testing them out and when I press submit it just sits there saying "please wait..." it's been 10 minutes.
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 05:23 PM
I checked your embedded form and could reproduce the problem. When you submit the form gets stuck on "Please wait.."
I then checked your direct link:
And it submitted just fine
That means we have isolated the problem to where the form is embedded.
Can you please try embedding your site using the iFrame method:
- tylerrwrightAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 06:43 PMThank you! That fixed my model release form..
I followed the same steps as you said for my wedding contract and it didn’t
work! I got this instead
Please help me solve this
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 09, 2018 at 11:45 PM
Can you please share with us the link to your wedding contract form so we can further investigate?
- tylerrwrightAnswered on February 10, 2018 at 12:43 AMhttp://tylerrebekahwright.com/wedding-contract/
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 10, 2018 at 04:39 AM
Upon checking the form that is embedded on your wedding-contract page, I noticed that your payment field has no account set in it. Please edit your form, open the Paypal wizard and enter your Paypal account there
Once done, save your settings and it should redirect you to Paypal properly upon attempting to make a submission.
If you have additional questions, please let us know.
- tylerrwrightAnswered on February 10, 2018 at 01:43 PMI believe I disabled the PayPal feature. I don’t want that on there! Let me
go check again.
Thank you for your time :)
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 10, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Do let us know if issue remains. Contact us again anytime should you require further assistance.