- PrudenceAsked on October 12, 2012 at 01:32 PM
Hi, I use a form in order for salesmen to submit their sales to the operations division of the company. There appear to be issues (still) with this form:
1) Pressing "Enter" on any field submits the form, despite the form being long with many required fields.
2) The attachments sometimes don't come through when the form is submitted, although they were attached by the person filling out the form.
3) "Re" lines show up with
between fields I wanted. For example: RE: Sales Close Best Western CobleskillEquipment
24/7 Guest Support
Please help me figure this out. My users are getting frustrated.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 01:51 PM
Your site's current doctype,<!DOCTYPE HTML>
prevents the scripts from functioning normally, thereby causing problems 1 and 2.
These can be easily solved by changing the webpage's doctype to the one found on this link:
Moving on, may I ask you how to recreate problem #3? Do you get this problem with the email notification?
- PrudenceAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 02:17 PM
Thanks. Can you tell me what it should be? I clicked the link you gave me, however it doesn't appear to show any doc types.
On the #3 yes it is on the email notificaitons.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 02:19 PM
You can find the doc type declartion into the source code of your page. Ussually any browser has the ability to show you the source code
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 12, 2012 at 02:28 PM
The doctype codes on the link I provided is as follows:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
Jeanette is correct, you can find your current doctype on your page's source code. Replace it with what I suggested above.