- mgalkovskyAsked on February 14, 2018 at 08:29 PM
Today, placement text in long text boxes is only possible if markdown mode is disabled. Even then it is only a single line. Why?
1. Please make it possible to put multi-line placement text in multi-line text box.
2. Make placement text work in markdown mode, as well as plain text mode.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 15, 2018 at 02:12 AM
Can you please share a screenshot on how it appears when the markdown editor is disabled? The following guide should help you how to upload image in forum post: https://www.jotform.com/help/438-How-to-Post-Screenshots-to-Our-Support-Forum
Please note that "Multi-line question" only allows you to add a textbox field which is a short text entry field. It is currently not possible to add long text entry field in multi-line question.
We will wait for your response.
- mgalkovskyAnswered on February 15, 2018 at 03:42 AM
When I say multi-line text box, i mean Long Text Box, not multi-line form.
Here is what it looks like today:
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on February 15, 2018 at 06:29 AM
As far as I understand your request, you want to enter more than one line of text in Long Text Entry.
I was able to do that with Markdown editor ON and OFF:
We will gladly assist you if you share with us an actual form URL you are having issues with.
- mgalkovskyAnswered on February 15, 2018 at 07:43 AMNot in the text box itself, the placeholder value in the options. This is the text that is displayed before the user starts typing.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 15, 2018 at 09:50 AM
Thank you for the information. I have now escalated this thread to our backend team as a feature request. Note that we cannot give you a timeframe for this, but if there are updates, you should know it through this thread.
For the meantime, you can only add single-liner placeholder text.