- bobunsignedAsked on October 14, 2012 at 08:27 AM
I have a jotform which is linked to my dropbox so when someone uploads a file via jotform it appears in my dropbox.
However for about a week now whenevr a file is submitted it no longer goes into the same dropbox file, it insteads makes another subfolder in which to place the file? It calls the new folder the same name as the old one but puts lots of % signs in it! It also adds % signs into the name of the files being uploaded!?
Is this an issue with my jotform or my dropbox? Very stuck!
Any help greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 08:53 AM
As a preliminary step, can you please log in to the Dropbox website and check if the error is present on your account via the web interface?
Meanwhile, we will conduct further investigation on this matter to find out what exactly is happening.
Please standby for updates.
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 09:07 AMNew response receivedHi Neil,
I couldnt see any issues on the dropbox website.
Any luck your end?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 09:10 AM
Did some tests on a sample form but couldn't reproduce it on my end either.
Could it be that your Dropbox installation is corrupted? Can you please try reinstalling the application?
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 09:26 AMNew response receivedwill do.
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 11:15 AMNew response receivedHi Neil,
Ive done this now, and it's still happening, can I call you?
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Hi, we are sorry for this issue that gives delay on your end. One more solution is to remove the current integration and reintegrate it again. Please try and let us see if it doesn't help.
I'm not able to reproduce the said issue. Works fine, files are place without any invalid characters.
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 01:10 PMThanks for your help, I'm not sure how I would do this. Is there a tutorial? Sorry.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 01:19 PM
To remove integration;
1. Open your form/edit
2. Click "Setup and Embed"
3. Click "Integrations"
4. Choose "Dropbox"
5. Just click "Remove Integration" in red button
The same process from 1-4 for re-integration.
Hope this helps and let us know if you need assistance. Thanks
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 05:25 AMNew response receivedHi there Rodjit,
I have done this and I am STILL getting the error :(
I have sent you an image of the issue.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 06:44 AM
Could you please try posting the image again? Unfortunately, we didn't get it.
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 07:11 AMNew response receivedAs requested
Image of issue attached
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 07:41 AM
No image attachment, please upload it here, http://pasteboard.co/ get the given link after uploading and paste it on your response with this thread:
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 07:47 AM
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 09:37 AM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
You can choose the name of the folder that will be created when a new submission comes in.
You can assign one of your fields to be the name of the folder that gets created.
Here is a short visual guide that may help you with this:
Let us know if you need further assistance!
- bobunsignedAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 05:36 AMNew response receivedHi guys,
I have now done this and still no joy.
Is there anyway someone can go into my account and take a look? I will happily supply you with the password.
- fxrAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 06:52 AM
I have checked your form and dont see an awful lot wrong with how you have it configured.
Do you have the time to created a simple new test form with Dropbox integration to check if the problem also occurs on a second form in your account?
- guest_30132367603041Answered on January 14, 2013 at 06:05 AM
same problem here! (i tried all the solutions, but nothing works here... All folder have this name errors...
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 14, 2013 at 06:15 AM
Dropbox have recently upgrade their software. You may consider upgrading and integrate your form again, see if that helps.