- earlybirdAsked on October 14, 2012 at 04:24 PM
Im not receiving any email notification since I changed my form.. Im using 2 different types om embedding, in 2 different webpages. One is typical source code and the other one is embedded as lightbox. Is it cuz Im using 2 in stead of just 1?
Only one of the 2 forms are working - the one that is NOT working is embedded as source.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:34 PM
Can you please configure your email alerts' sender name and email to "JotForm" and "firstname.lastname@example.org", respectively.
If changing Sender name and email does not help, ask your hosting provider to add these IP addresses to their whitelist:
Just please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you so much!
- earlybirdAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:38 PM
yes, it works fine when adding email@example.com to senders - but I really need to be able to see the sendes email adress - how can I fix that? I has never been a problem before
- moonzkieAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:45 PM
As a workaround, I would suggest to instead insert the senders email on the notification title instead.
To do that:
1) Open your notification e-mail
2) On the editable area Click on the place you want to put form title
Hope this helps. Thank you.
- earlybirdAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:48 PM
Thanks. But its still alot of work, when the email adress is not in the sender field.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Here is a thread with the best workaround for that: http://www.jotform.com/answers/113824-Sender-Email-Address-and-Reply-Address-Issue
- earlybirdAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Its working fine now..dunno what fixed it..time I guess.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 14, 2012 at 04:59 PM
Glad to hear everything is working now. If you have questions feel free to contact us.
Thanks for using JotForm!