- lliphillips4Asked on February 16, 2018 at 02:53 PM
I would like to provide a discount to my products if they fill out a survey. Can I link a survey form to my product form and then have it display a code when they complete it?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 16, 2018 at 05:16 PM
If the survey form and product form you're describing are both built with JotForm, then you can use URL PARAMETERS to prepopulate a coupon field on your product form. The general idea is to:
1. Have your users fill out the survey form
2. The survey form will be setup to redirect users to the product form
Related guide: Redirecting-Users-to-a-Different-Page
3. The URL that will be used for the THANK YOU PAGE REDIRECT would be the URL of your product form, plus the URL parameters to prepopulate a field (in your case, a textbox that will serve as a coupon).
Related guide: Prepopulating-Fields-to-Your-JotForm-via-URL-Parameters
For this setup to work, your product form should never be used to sell products/subscription. Instead, it should fetch a calculated value within your form. What needs to happen is for you to setup your products/subscriptions "outside the payment field" and manually calculate the total.
For these, you would need to create your products manually using textboxes, dropdowns, radio buttons, or checkboxes > assign calculation values to them > calculate the total and include the coupon within the calculation > and finally, pass the calculation to your payment field.
All the guides I linked above have example forms that you can fiddle around with, and they are accompanied with screenshots. So, give it a spin and if you see any problems along the way, don't hesitate to let us know so we can help.