- riverreporterAsked on October 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM
When using Stripe integration, it doesn't pass the customer's e-mail address to Stripe. The e-mail is collected for the JotForm submissions database but only the customer's name/CC info is passed to Stripe. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 01:27 PM
After testing, I see thet the current integration is set to collect the user information that is needed to process the payment . Unfortunately, at this time, the integration does not include the collection of additional data.
Let us know if you need further assistance!
- riverreporterAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 01:43 PM
The problem is this is the only field in Stripe that is missing. While the payment is processed, it breaks continuity. It's also something simple that should be passed to Stripe with their API.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 15, 2012 at 02:41 PM
I have added your comment as a feature request for our next level support to review.
Unfortunately, we can not give you an ETA on the resolution of this, but we'll update you as soon as we have any news on the issue.
Thanks for the input!
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on April 16, 2013 at 02:34 AM
We have added customer email support to our Stripe integration. All you need to do is add an email field from Power Tools and your customer's email address will be passed to Stripe transaction.
Stripe payment example :
- lightsnsirenAnswered on May 23, 2013 at 04:29 PM
It still is NOT passing the email address to Stripe on the payment.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 23, 2013 at 05:32 PM
We forward the email field data to the Stripe, but this is working for Stripe subscriptions only. Their Subscriptions are based on 'Customers', and you can check the email addresses there.
However, non-subscription payments are not based on 'Customers', so that they do not have the Email field.
- lightsnsirenAnswered on May 23, 2013 at 09:56 PM
I would suggest that you implement this for non-subscription payments. Stripe will accept a Customer for a non-subscription payment, which can be followed immediately by a charge. See:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I'll reopen the ticket for this thread. We'll let you know if there are any positive results.
- JotForm SupportkennethAnswered on June 19, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Hi we have made changes on stripe payment. We added the Customer to charge later. Look at this simple demo for the new updates. http://screenr.com/DgSH
Let us know if it works without problem in you end. And if you have any question feel free to ask.
- nwadbAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 12:36 AM
So, if I add e-mail field from power tools, will that pass to Stripe for immediate charge on customer's CC and then Stripe has that email address ready to send customer receipt as I set up on Stripe's side?
- khrisellAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Kindly open a new thread for your inquiry,You can create your new thread using this link http://www.jotform.com/contact. so we can better track the issues, requests and solutions users are having. Also, to assist you better and avoid confusion.
Thank you and looking forward to assist you.
- nwadbAnswered on October 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Done. Thank you.