- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 18, 2018 at 04:26 PM
Could you please tell us in which form are you working on so we can check this issue?
And which field you would like to reference?
We'll wait for your response.
- dpackardAnswered on February 18, 2018 at 09:13 PM
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 02:16 AM
Unfortunately, since you're using Multi-line field you cannot extract those in that way.
They will show as one field in Autoresponder:
I'm afraid that only with regular fields you can do that, meaning, using the Name field or Short text field for example.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- dpackardAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 10:34 AM
Why is it then possible to use that data for sending an email but not inserting into an email???
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 11:39 AM
The reason this is not possible is simply because it hasn't been developed to allow it.
The card form layout is brand new. And will continue to be under constant development. If you would like we can submit a feature request?
- dpackardAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 11:50 AM
That would be great thank you!
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 12:50 PM
I will raise your request to our developers. Please note that we cannot provide you the exact time when and if this will be implemented. If there is any update we will inform you via this thread.
For now, as a workaround, you can use conditional logic to pass the value from one of the multi-line question fields to another field, for example, hidden Text Box field and remove the multi-line question field from the email alert.
Here is my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80495002263955
- JotForm DeveloperarifAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 08:27 AM
You can now use individual fields of multiline component inside email body as a placeholder.
Form fields section will appear as below, when you have a multiline question.
Items like 'Type a question/....' denote fields inside multiline element.
- dpackardAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 10:56 AM