- davsun55Asked on February 19, 2018 at 10:18 PM
I am taking advantage of your 'edit form' option that can be provided to users on the autoresponder email.
It's an excellent feature.
However the form is not respecting the original form's design, particularly with respect to hidden and readonly fields.
Since I use hidden and readonly fields to manage the calculations etc, this is not good.
Can you/I do anything to fix this?
- JotForm UX ResearcheryorkAnswered on February 20, 2018 at 04:09 AM
I was also able to replicate your issue with hidden fields not being hidden and read-only fields not being read-only in edit mode.
Escalating it to our developer team. You will be informed in this thread once the issue is fixed.
Thanks for reporting us.
- davsun55Answered on February 21, 2018 at 07:47 AM
Hi - can you give me any indication of how important this fix is to you, and thus how long it might take to resolve? It's quite important to me.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 21, 2018 at 09:50 AM
The ticket has been marked as important, unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA about when this will be resolved, but we will keep you updated via this thread.
- vosgesdartsAnswered on March 02, 2018 at 10:57 AM
Wow this is a show stopper for me, I use hide and read-only on calculated fields for total prices !!
- vosgesdartsAnswered on March 02, 2018 at 10:58 AM
How can I follow this thread to be updated on the fix ?
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 02, 2018 at 12:13 PM
as you have posted a reply on this thread, you will be also notified of new answers posted.
- vosgesdartsAnswered on March 08, 2018 at 05:05 AM
Any updates on this bug?
If you can't provide an exact ETA, can you tell us if it will take weeks or months?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 08, 2018 at 07:06 AM
Unfortunately we have not received any updated from our backend team yet. I am sending a note to our backed team. Though we cannot provide an ETA on the solution but we will get back to you as soon as we have any update on this.
- JotForm UX ResearcheryorkAnswered on March 09, 2018 at 06:12 AM
I analyzed this issue again and there seems to be no problem.
The reason why you experienced this is that apparently it only occurs when you click edit submission link and open it in the browser while your JotForm account is logged in.
I also experienced this problem with your form because of my account's privileges.
I tested again on a normal account and my account and was able to identify the issue.
If you open your form in another browser where your JotForm account is not logged in you won't experience this issue. Therefore your recipients will not experience the issue you have experienced.
Apologies for the inconvenience.