- thaynegarner1Asked on February 20, 2018 at 03:06 PM
Every time I get a form it is asking me to download the encryption key. I don't want to have to do this every time. I am using the same computer, I only use 2 of them and they still are asking.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 20, 2018 at 03:58 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
It looks like that the form encryption is not properly configured on your form.
To fix the issue:
1) Disable the form encryption (set it to No).
2) Enable it again by switching it to Yes. Use a 'Create encryption keys for me' option.
3) Download your Private Key file. Make sure to store it in a safe place.
This should fix the issue.
Later, if you need the encryption for another form, use an 'I will use my existing keys' option to apply the same key-pair to it.
The encryption is an advanced option, it is recommended to check the next guide to have a better understanding of that feature.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- thaynegarner1Answered on February 20, 2018 at 04:43 PMI don’t have any of these options when I login? Is there a different website or login I should go to.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on February 20, 2018 at 05:33 PM
You will need to open the form settings. First, open your form in the editor:
Then, go to the Settings. Here is a quick animation:
- thaynegarner1Answered on February 21, 2018 at 10:43 AMAttachment available until Mar 22, 2018
I did step by step what the instructions said including all the way to downloading the encryption key on my computer.
Is there something else we need to do? We came over from some other services because I heard great things about JotForm, but it is frustrating that we can’t get it to work.
When I submit a form though it still looks like this:
Click to Download
- SabbirAnswered on February 21, 2018 at 11:59 AM
Sorry for any confusion.
I have checked your account and it seems like you have setup the encryption system correctly.
To be sure, you can go to your form submission panel and check the encrypted submissions.
Please follow this link to view your form submissions:
You need to upload your key to decrypt the submissions.
Also, I have checked your email log and it is also encrypted.
Please check the screenshot:
We did not receive the attachment/screenshot you have send on your last reply.
Please follow this guide to know how you can send screenshot in our support forum:
If you have any further query, please let us know.