- CASNRAsked on February 21, 2018 at 04:49 PM
I am working on a form that requires a two step approval. I have created the form and the first step works where they form is submitted by the user and the Department Chair receives the email at the entered address. The Chair gets the form and the hidden approval fields pop up. The Chair then approves the form and enters the email of the Department Head to also approve the form.
For the Department Head, I need their approval section to pop up when they get get to the form from the edit link so they can approve and submit it. It shows everything when the email address is entered by the Chair. I have the Autoresponder set up for the Department head.
I have looked at the examples from the forum, but cannot quite make this form work.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 21, 2018 at 06:35 PM
You need to edit your 6th condition to display the fields for the department head if the Get Page URL contains the word "Edit"(You have done this already), and if the Department Chair has performed the approval action. Example:
Let us know if you have more questions.
- CASNRAnswered on February 22, 2018 at 02:21 PM
I have made the change, however, what I am wanting is that the Department Head section doesn't show up for the Department Chair. The Chair should fill out the form, enter the Department Head email, hit submit and then the Department head gets the form and goes in and his approval section shows up. Is that possible?
- JotForm SupportJed_CAnswered on February 22, 2018 at 03:55 PM
Try adding a Section Collapse above the "Department head's" field and change the condition by following the screenshot below.
The process goes like this:
1. User submits the form
2. Department chair receives the notification and change the status of approval to "Yes"
3. If "Yes", make sure that you have an email condition that if "Committee chair approves" is equal to "Yes", notification will now be sent to "Department head's" email.
4. Once Department head receives the email with a status of "Yes", the Section Collapse will appear with the following fields (Department/Unit Head Name, Department/Unit Head approves the project and agree to work with the student. and Department/Unit Head Date).
I hope this helps, but let us know if you have any questions or if you need further help.