- jgucciAsked on February 28, 2018 at 04:33 PM
Can the answer to a YES/NO element trigger the submit form without having to answer and then hit submit?
- MarvihAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 06:11 PM
Do you mean that if a user click YES it will automatically Submit without needing to hit the Submit button ? If yes, unfortunately it is not possible.
You need to hit the SUBMIT button every time you finish a form in-order to process it. However you can skip other fields depending on the choice you selected and go directly to the last slide/page using Show/Hide conditional logic.
Please let us know if I have misunderstood your question.
- jgucciAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 06:11 PM
BOO. Any future plans for this option?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 08:40 PM
Please check my demo form: https://form.jotform.com/80587949924981
I used the Skip Page condition if the answer to the Single Choice field is YES it will skip all the pages and go to the last page which is Submit button. Here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/350-How-to-Skip-Pages-Using-Conditional-Logic
Is that what you're trying to achieve? We'll wait for your reply. Thank you.
You can also clone the demo form by following this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
- jgucciAnswered on February 28, 2018 at 08:45 PM
This would not work because you still have to hit the submit button. I was looking for a solution where they guess no answer would trigger the form to submit.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 02:01 AM
I'm afraid that it is not possible to auto-submit the form in that way, we could forward this to our backend team for a possible implementation in our future releases if you wish?
- jgucciAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 09:30 AM
Thanks. Please send the request along. Would be awesome to have conditional options that would submit or clear a form.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 10:46 AM
The Clear Form Button can be added by turning ON the option in the Submit button advanced properties.
I will make a request to our developers about being able to add a condition to submit the form when the user makes a choice in the Yes/No field. However, this doesn't sound like a good UX because if the user makes the wrong choice, the form is submitted and the answer cannot be changed. Then, the form needs to be refilled.
We will let you know if this gets implemented.
- jgucciAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 10:48 AM
This option is not available on the new form layout and I was asking for conditionals that would trigger a submit or clear. Not their actual buttons.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 11:05 AM
That is correct.
I have already made the request and we will let you know when there is an update on this.
- jgucciAnswered on March 01, 2018 at 11:06 AM
Thanks. Love ya!