- danatimkoAsked on October 19, 2012 at 03:24 AM
I can't seem to change the currency to Canadian....will this be remedied soon?
This is a re-post of a comment on JotForm + Stripe = Beautiful Payment Forms in Minutes
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 05:23 AM
Is your Stripe account based in Canada or the US? According to Stripe's FAQ page:
At present, if your business is in the United States you can only create charges in U.S. Dollars. If your business is in Canada, you can create charges in U.S. and Canadian Dollars.
If you Stripe account is based in the US, you can't change the currency to Canadian dollars. However, if your account is Canada-based, then something in the integration has been overlooked by the developers.
If that's the case, we'll have to forward a report ticket to rectify this inadequacy in the integration.
I'll look forward to your response. Thanks!
- danatimkoAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 11:13 AMHi Neil,
My stripe account is Canada based and canadian currency is not available
in jot form.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
I am forwarding this issue to our developers, as Neil stated, they would need to check what was overlooked into this integration
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 05:21 PM
Stripe CAD currency has been added to our Stripe integration,
- kloftersAnswered on January 16, 2016 at 03:10 PM
I've selected CAD in my stripe payment gateway, however my transactions still come in USD.
All my accounts are based in Canada.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on January 17, 2016 at 03:37 AM
I have already answered on this thread : http://www.jotform.com/answers/746688-Stripe-Payment-integration-does-not-charge-the-customer-in-the-correct-currency#1
Please, follow that thread and we will be glad to assist you.