- beachandforestrealtyAsked on October 19, 2012 at 12:48 PM
I am receiving many emails without all the required fields filled in. This is costing me money for leads that are not complete. What can I do about this? Is it they are not entering it or is it that Jotform is not recording it. How can we fix this.
This form is in the account of beachandforestrealty and located at the attached url.
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 01:14 PM
We are sorry about this, this usually happen when browsers Javacript is disabled or broken, hence you can bypass Form's Required Fields. I can see that your recent submissions has been filled in and those blank are from the past days, so I am hoping that this issue won't happen again.
Let us know if the problem still persist from now on so we can forward/ask our developes about this certain issue.
Again, we are sorry about this.
- beachandforestrealtyAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 01:19 PMPlease monitor this issue for any future problems...this is a very costly problem for our company..thaNK YOU
Beach & Forest Realty
Broker / Owner
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 01:29 PM
We will. I will try to forward this to our developers and see if what their thoughts about this certain issue.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 19, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Please give it a try or let us know if you need further assistance
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 22, 2012 at 08:45 AM
Here is how you can get the IFrame code. Open your form on the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Embed" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Embed Form"
3. Click on "iFrame".I hope this helps. Please let us know how it turns out.