- George BoydAsked on March 03, 2018 at 07:01 PM
I tried to login to my account today and it says my login is suspended?
Why and what can I do to resolve this issue to use my account?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 04, 2018 at 12:14 AM
I have just checked your account and it seems to have been suspended since you're asking for personal information (SSN, drivers license) on the form "Secure Finance Application".
When you do request SSNs, chances are that our automated phishing detector will flag the form(s) and suspend the account. If this happens you must contact support to whitelist the form and reactivate the account, explaining the purposes of the form(s).
We know there are businesses that require a Social Security number for legitimate purposes, here are some:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions
In order to reactivate your account, I would recommend you to send us an email to email@example.com from your corporate email address explaining the purpose of your form, this will also help us to verify your business, please also include this thread id on the email subject 1404250.
Otherwise, we can remove the guilty fields from your form in order to reactivate your account.