- MichelleVGAsked on March 05, 2018 at 10:28 AM
After choosing a template and modifying it to what I need, I preview it and the form fields are disordered. I deleted my forms but am wondering what I have to do to preserve the changes I make in the template.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 11:39 AM
Unfortunately, from what I can read, I can't understand what exactly do you mean saying "the form fields are disordered".
Can you please provide us more information, so we could reproduce the issue?
It would be also appreciated if you could share an URL of a form you refer to.
Thank you for cooperation! We will wait for your response.
- MichelleVGAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 12:43 PMThank you for your response. You’ll notice the form https://www.jotform.com/build/80606556476161#preview puts “guest 3” and “guest 4”, for example at the top of the page in the preview mode. In the “build” form https://www.jotform.com/build/80606556476161 you’ll notice the form fields are in a logical order.
When I say “disordered” I am referring to the fact that although the form fields exist, they are in a different order when I view them in the preview mode than when I created them.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 02:00 PM
The issue happens due to the conditions with missing fields you have on your form:
I would recommend you to check the conditions on your form and correct these errors, actually the fields seem to be showing up based on the "Total attending" field, I would recommend you to first disable all the conditions in order to see the original form's layout and then start handling the conditions.
I hope this helps.
- MichelleVGAnswered on March 05, 2018 at 04:43 PMPerfect thanks! Actually I didn’t set the conditions. I used a template and the conditions must have been set for that template. I deleted them as suggested and everything is now correct.