- hkloudinAsked on March 06, 2018 at 11:31 AMHi support,
Is it possible for a question to disappear (or lock their answer so it cannot be changed) after someone answers it? We are looking to create a functionality where, if someone answers a question, the question leads to a new question without the user being able to change a previous answer.
Thanks for your help!-Sam
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 12:41 PM
It should be possible to hide the 'Single Choice' fields once they are answered on your form.
For example, use the Hide conditions:
You may also want to change the 'Clear Hidden Field Values' to 'Don't Clear' in this case to save the hidden answers.
However, please note that the form user will be able to reload the form to start over again.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- hkloudinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 08:16 AMHi Mike,Thanks so much for the response! This was helpful and worked great when I applied it to the first question.However, when I apply the same conditions to the following questions (all single answer), it doesn't work and I'm able to see all the questions after I answer them.I also made sure to select "don't clear" hidden values, although that didn't seem to make a difference in the current issue.
Let me know your thoughts- I have a feeling I'm overlooking something obvious.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 10:45 AM
I did check your form and found that you have added condition which is conflicting and that is the reason why the fields are still visible. Please check the screenshot below:
I have cloned your form and will work on the conditions to hide the fields. I will get back to you on this soon.
- hkloudinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:55 PM
Thanks for your help, Ashwin. I just realized the nature of the conflicting conditions and better understand the problem- please let me know if you're able to find a good solution!
- hkloudinAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 02:28 PM
You are a Jotform wizard. Good to know about the Section Collapse functionality- great to know for future forms.
Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate your time!