- adunbar2Asked on March 06, 2018 at 04:32 PM
On the nursing cap documentation submission form, I built a calculation widget (Points accumulated from Part B requirements).
On my question, prepare/present education to benefit staff/patients/families, if user select an option there is a conditional field where they have to indicate the number. In the screenshot below the 2 items selected scores 2 points each for a total of 4 points on the (points accumulated from Part B requirements). If the user unselect "Super User" option for example but do not remove the Indicate number field the calculation does not clear the numbers. It is calculating it as 4 instead of 2.
How can I fix this issue?
- adunbar2Answered on March 06, 2018 at 04:34 PM
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 06, 2018 at 05:29 PM
I have checked your JotForm and see that the total is not being calculated correctly after unchecking one option. This is due to the selected option for the dropdown is not cleared after hiding it. Please enable the option 'Clear on being hidden' for the Clear Hidden Field values in the form settings.
This should help in calculating the total correctly on the form. Thanks!
- adunbar2Answered on March 07, 2018 at 11:47 AM
Thank you. How do I get that? Is that from the calculation field or from the field that is being calculated? this is what I see on the calculation widget
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:53 PM
The option my colleague referenced can be found under the "Settings" menu while editing the form:
- adunbar2Answered on March 07, 2018 at 01:12 PM
I did not see your Image. Sorry I could not find it under settings. Is it under Settings/Conditionality?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 01:36 PM
The option is under settings. After clicking settings, click "Show More", then scroll down a bit. The option should be near the bottom of the list.
- adunbar2Answered on March 07, 2018 at 03:12 PM
Thank you I see it now