- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAsked on March 07, 2018 at 10:39 AM
Is it possible to make our SMTP server for email firstname.lastname@example.org for our submissions autoresponder as no-reply?
I read this on the web and want to know if this is possible.
It is recommended to use an autoresponder for your no-reply email address. Most email providers offer a default option to set up an autoresponder for a specific email address. You can request adding this feature to your account if your service provider does not offer it.
If this is not something you can offer perhaps our email service can do it.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 11:43 AM
You can use your SMPT settings to replace the email@example.com default sender: https://www.jotform.com/help/244-How-to-Setup-SMTP-for-a-Form
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 11:54 AM
Hi B David,
I have done this for some forms but I not sure I understand, if someone clicks on our the firstname.lastname@example.org, is this now a no-reply email address?
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:02 PM
I just had a thought, the email address email@example.com actually exists, should I delete it?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 12:29 PM
Adding your own "noreply" address, firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com, is something that should be setup at your email service provider's end, so once setup, they would give you the SMTP settings that you will be able to put in your form.
If you need to delete your current SMTP setting from your form, please check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/241-How-to-Edit-Delete-Sender-Emails-on-SMTP-Settings
- AgilityAssoc.CanadaAnswered on March 07, 2018 at 01:51 PM
Thank you, Robert