- davidgoebelstateAsked on October 23, 2012 at 01:05 PM
This is awesome! However, I have found two issues with sending to Trello. I have setup a connection for JotForm to Trello, but I have noticed two issues so far.
1) Not all of the fields in JotForm show up when setting up connection.
2) Uploaded attachments in JotForm are showing up as .txt files in Trello
This is a re-post of a comment on JotForm is now on Zapier: Send Your Form Data to 100+ Web Services
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 01:54 PM
I just noticed the following item in the blog post...7. Choose which fields will be sent to the web service. Note that you must have at least one submission on your form for fields to show up here.
You should probably highlight that note a bit more :)
As for the images showing up as .txt files, I am still having that issue.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 04:50 PM
Thank you for pointing this out.
Regarding to Zapier integrations. There are restrictions about depending of which type account you might have. For example, a free subscription is allowed to a maximum of 5 integrations (5 zaps, as they call it), and for example, if I have a zap that connects Jotform to Evernote, and another one that connects Jotform to Dropbox, and a 3rd that connects Jotform to Evernote in a different way, that would be 3 zaps, so probably you have already reached your quota.
I just spoke with Zapier, and they said it is ok to contact them to firstname.lastname@example.org .For more detailed information
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 04:52 PM
However, if that is not the case, please let me know the FORM ID so I can check further and ask our development team for advices
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 05:04 PM
Correct, but I only have two integrations. Both of which are connected to a JotForm form.
The forms in question are...
Also, the attachment issue appears to be across all file types (png, gif, jpg, doc, pdf). Their support is looking into the issue as well but at this point I don't know which side of the technical fence this belongs to.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 07:00 PM
I am actually not surehow Trello Works.
However, I made a basic form (name, email , upload field and radio buttons ) similar to yours and I was able to reproduce the error . I couldn't even get a single field from this form while on the Zapier-Trello interface. Were you able to see some sample values from Jotform Data?
I already had 2 submissions into that form, but could not get anything,
so I am forwarding a ticket to our dev team so they can further investigate and advice
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 23, 2012 at 07:10 PM
Ok, now I get the values from Jotform Data, but still I will not get anything in Trello
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Did you match up and link your JotForm account and a Trello account? You should have something like this...
And you need to make sure you drag over the JotForm fields to the Trello fields...
The issue I am having is that Zapier says they currently do not support the file upload field and therefore I am getting a txt file instead of the actual file which was uploaded in JotForm.
However, not being able to upload attachements to Trello is a huge drawback. So if you could pass this thread along to aytekin I would appreciate it. Maybe there is a quick fix which he can provide to Zapier. Even better would be to have native Trello integration as Zapier has a monthly fee. Here is my original discussion with him regarding Trello, which by the way is an awesome tool!
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:23 AMThe developer who works on this is not going to be available rest of the week but he will look into it next week.If the upload fields cannot be sent to Trello would sending them as image URLs do the job, at least for now?Yes, I am aware of your feature request on direct integration to Trello. It is in the list. :)
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:26 AMI am informed that we have already changed this so that uploaded files are now sent as URLs. Hope that helps.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM
You guys rock! I will check it out, thanks!
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Which field in Trello should I specify for the file upload? I tried adding the JotForm upload field to both the Trello description and the attachement, but neither of them picked up a URL.
Result on Trello card...
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I was informed that the URL problem it's already being taken care of, so it will probably be solved soon
I thank you for your patience and for being a loyal Jotform Customer!
- newworksfestivalAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM
I'm just going to add my voice to this. Same problem. Trying to do the same thing, ie send attachments to a Trello card. Would love to see this working! Also I would love info on any file size limits when this is fixed.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Attachements will not be sent directly to a Trello Card, just the URL where the attachment is. As for now, they working on getting it fixed, as the current problem has to do with Attachment's URL being sent as *.txt files
Our development team is also planning to implement a direct integration with Trello (out of Zapier), so please keep an eye on this thread for future updates
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 05:30 PM
Update: It looks like your developers have fixed the issue regarding only some of the fields showing up. I created a new form and then a new zapier connection and all of the fields showed up just fine.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 05:33 PM
Great to hear that, David!
Hopefully they will solve the problem about showing the correct URL path to the attachment rather than a .txt file
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 05:49 PM
FYI - I did find a nice work around for the time being regarding the attachment issue. I added a JotForm integration with Google Drive so that the submission and attachment are pushed to Google Drive at the same time as the Zapier to Trello push. I then open the card in Trello and click on the attach button. This in turn allows me to browse to Google Drive and manually attach the missing document.
- fxrAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 06:31 PM
Great stuff David.
Thanks for sharing that, it is much appreciated.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 06:43 PM
Very clever , David. Thanks for the share!
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Field Issue Update: In working with the tech support at Zapier, we have found the cause of the field issue. The problem is that the JotForm API is sending the submissions over to Zapier in an order of oldest submissions to newest submissions. However, the submissions need to be ordered with the newest first. The reason for this is that the Zapier app uses the first couple submissions in the list to populate their fields. So many fields which have been added, removed, or modified over the life of the form will not be reflected in Zapier. The only reason I thought this was fixed was because I was testing with a form that only had 1-2 submissions. Therefore it was up to date. However, I have several forms which have changed over time and they are showing and/or missing relevant fields. So please pass this along to your developer(s) that worked on this integration and hopefully they can resolve it quickly.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Thank you very much for this update which is of a big help, I am sure the developer in charge will read it and take it into consideration
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 01:37 PM
I'm in charge of development of Zapier integration. Today, I had an email from Mike @Zapier, and ordering of submissions has been changed. Change has been released about 9 hours ago.
P.S. : I'm aware of the problem that same titled fields are still not showing, problem will be solved on next release which also includes solution for uploaded files.
Thanks for the update, and patience,
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 02:19 PM
You guys rock, thanks! I will test out the fields and look forward to the uploaded files issue. Keep up the great work!
Updated: The fields are working correctly now! However, the only drawback is that you have to make sure you submit a test submission with at least one thing selected in every field. Otherwise, only fields with entries in your last few submissions will show up in Zapier. Not a showstopper or anything, but it would be nice if it coud detect all possible form fields regardless of whether there was data in them or not.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 03:25 PM
@Ertuğrul - I have also noticed two other formatting related issues. The first is that <br> tags are not working in form fields such as an address or multiple checkboxes. The other issue is that fields which have no data are showing the corresponding Zapier code instead of simply being left blank. I suspect this item may be something on their side of the fence. If so, I can let them know about it.
Here is what is showing up in Trello after the push...
Here is what it looks like in Zapier...
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 03:38 PM
I guess first issue is related with Trello, it seems they do not accept HTML codes on card fields. I may still solve that issue on our side :)
Second issue is related with Zapier, I'm not sure about how Zapier would act like if I send these fields empty on our API side.
I will inform you when I get back to work,
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on October 29, 2012 at 03:43 PM
Ok, gotcha. Well, if you can find a way to insert a space instead of the
tag showing up that would be great.
Update: I have found that fields using conditions which are not shown on the JotForm are showing up as "N/A" on Trello. So maybe you can push the same N/A value for all empty fields?
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on November 01, 2012 at 04:05 AM
Sorry for the delay, uploaded files, and address problem has been solved and released.
All fields including buttons, page-breaks etc. are also now available on Zapier side for any type of usage.
- davidgoebelstateAnswered on November 01, 2012 at 02:20 PM
Ertuğrul - There is an issue with the Unique ID field as it's no longer sending the data. Instead of getting the counter number I am getting a blank submission. The other blank fields are sending fine, but I need that unique ID to work as this field is essentially the ticket number and needs to be sent.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on November 01, 2012 at 03:55 PM
This issue has already been passed on to Ertuğrul on this thread. I see the ticket is still opened and marked as urgent.
As soon as there is an update on the resolutions he will post the findings there.
Thanks for your patience!