- AJH89Asked on March 13, 2018 at 11:55 AM
Can a default answer be set for reporting purposes but when a tick box is filled that response is used instead?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on March 13, 2018 at 01:19 PM
That is possible, you just need to go into the Properties of your field, and set a default value:
Let us know if you have more questions.
- AJH89Answered on March 14, 2018 at 05:41 AM
Thank you for the response.
Unfortunately, this isn't an option for a multiple choice element for opting out.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 09:08 AM
Yes, in fact, it's possible to check options by default on the multiple choice element, please see this screenshot:
You may set the options selected by default and the users can un-check the options they do not want.
- AJH89Answered on March 14, 2018 at 09:30 AM
OK, so we would need to set an opt-in and opt-out option but have the opt-in as default. If that default option could be hidden, as it's mainly for the reporting side, that would be perfect.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 11:10 AM
Do you have a form that you're working on? Since I'm not sure how you would like to have those fields in your form and what's their purpose.
You could have that option hidden if that option is a separate field, but we could help you more if you could share an example of such field.
We'll wait for your response.