- SAHomeSchoolAsked on March 13, 2018 at 09:50 PM
We are using a Jotfom to take in registrations for an event.
Our event has limited capacity so we would like to limited to 20 participants.
Is there a way to do this automatically with Jotform or do I need to manually change the messaging of my form (to SOLD OUT) once we reach the limit?
Thanks in advance for clarifying,
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 04:46 AM
You can disable your form according to submissions you have received.
- Go to your forms 'Settings' tab.
- You can select the best option that suits your requests.
See the screenshots below:
1) Click the 'Disable on submission limit' option as seen:
2) Then, you can set the 'Submission Limit' and the 'Warning Message'.
You can follow this guide for further information.
I hope it helps. If you need any further help, let us know.
- SAHomeSchoolAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 08:43 AMQuestion though, if people are able to purchase more than 1 ticket per
form.... You could technicaly have these two scenarios...
1.- Everyone buys only one ticket. Result - Your submission limit blocks
the forms after 20 times. Perfect!
2.- If Everyone buys two tickets. Result - ? Will the form get
blocked after 10 submissions?
Just as an FYI our form is linked to our PayPal account.
Thanks again in advance.
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 10:14 AM
You can prevent form respondents from making multiple submissions in a form by setting unique submissions.
- Click the 'SHOW MORE OPTIONS' button as seen below:
-After the clicking it, you will see the 'Unique Submission' feature.
1. No Check (default) - duplicate submissions will not be checked in this state.
3. Check cookies and IP - As an addition to cookies, it also checks if the submission came from the same IP address.
Also, this guide can help you.
If you need any further help, feel free to ask.