- GuillermoGRSAsked on March 14, 2018 at 11:20 AM
Hello, Is it possible to take content from a spreadsheet?
we have two fields:
1. PEP --> the user types a code in this field
2. Aprobador --> should be filled in based on a spreadsheet where the code is related to the approver like the screenshot.
- GuillermoGRSAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 11:22 AM
- TREVONAnswered on March 14, 2018 at 12:14 PM
It is not quite clear on what you intend to do but I will try and answer the question the best way I have understood. You have your form and you have an excel document. You want to import data of specific fields from your excel document to your form.That is how I have understood your question.
Kindly note that it is possible to import data form excel sheet to your form however based on my understanding fields in your form and excel document must match. Kindly see guide below on how to do this:
If my understanding of your question above is wrong, kindly clarify further on what the issue is and we will gladly help you.
- GuillermoGRSAnswered on March 15, 2018 at 05:09 AM
Sorry for my english...
What I need to do is the following: fill in the PEP field have it automatically loaded in the "Aprobador del pep" field the corresponding data (that is able to recognize from an excel that data must load). For this I have a spreadsheet table where in one column are the PEPs and in another column the "aprobador del pep".
- TREVONAnswered on March 15, 2018 at 08:32 AM
From your last explanation my understanding if you need to copy field content from "PEP" field and copy the value to "Aprobador del pep" field. If this is the case kindly follow the guide below on how to copy field value from one field to another field.
Kindly do let us know if the resolves your issue.
- GuillermoGRSAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 03:25 AM
Yes but the data of "PEP" and "Aprobador" are in a external spreadsheets not in a field
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 07:49 AM
It is not possible to dynamically fetch data from a spreadsheet based on user's answer.
What you can do, is use a drop-down element and set Calculation Values for that element.
Then, using the Form Calculation widget, you pass the calculated data to another field.
In order to import all the spreadsheet data in the form submissions, then you need a specific format of the columns for your form which you can download here.
You fill that spreadsheet with the data you have and then, using our Import App you import the data.
Complete Guide: Import App: Easily Import Your Excel or CSV Data into JotForm
- GuillermoGRSAnswered on March 19, 2018 at 05:48 AM
It's perfect! Thank you very much!! @adrian