- ChadrooskiAsked on March 16, 2018 at 12:10 PM
I've been debugging a complicated form and in the process I have had to make a number of submissions. I now turns out that I am getting warning that my monthly submission limit has been met. I upgraded from FREE to the next level and as I was constantly be prompted to do, thinking that would rest my submission level. Needless to say JotForm is an excellent tool but it seems I'm being penalized for the needed work require to debug a complicated form. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a development status that somehow I missed which would not kill my monthly submission limit?
- JotForm SupportaubreybourkeAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 01:17 PM
Yes I see you have reached your monthly submission limit.
As a once off I have reset your monthly limit. But we wont be able to do this again.
Hope that helps!
- ChadrooskiAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 01:43 PMI appreciate your action. But I do have the question of submissions made while debugging the form, especially when calculations are made and a lot of conditional statements are in play. Is there a "debugging" mode?
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 02:38 PM
unfortunately we do not have debug mode when working on your form and testing for submissions.
You however have access to delete the test submissions you have made while testing your form. Below is a guide on how to delete your submissions.
- ChadrooskiAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 02:43 PMThanks, I appreciate your action and your speedy response.
- ChadrooskiAnswered on March 16, 2018 at 04:43 PMThanks again.