- khswebmasterAsked on October 25, 2012 at 03:39 PM
See examples at https://khspbis.pbworks.com/student-of-the-month and https://sites.google.com/site/khswebmaster/
Same issue noticed at http://www.geofd.com/contact-me and http://www.jotform.com/form/10732303541
- JotForm SupportRodjitAnswered on October 25, 2012 at 04:14 PM
What browser did you see those bullet list? All works fine on my end, viewing it on Chrome, FF and IE at latest versions.
That is maybe a conflict with your site scripts and Jotform scripts so I would suggest to embed your site using our iframe method.
Hope that helps. Thanks
- guest_22994462134053Answered on October 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I'm seeing the bulleted lists on Mobile Safari, Chromium, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
I AM using the iframe method to embed your form on my site.
- guest_22994462134053Answered on October 26, 2012 at 01:18 PM
Yes. I'm seeing the same issue on those forms as well. I did a CSS inject to remove the bullets on the second form.
But, I was just noticing the issue on a friend's site as well. I don't recall seeing this issue before. Did your site developers make any changes to your template CSS?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2012 at 01:26 PM
As far as I know, our developers did not change anything on our CSS files. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?
If your friend's site isn't using JotForm by any means, I will be more inclined to believe that the issue is on your end.
Your network connection might be having issues, rendering your computer unable to load the necessary CSS files. If restarting your connection does not help, I think you may need to contact your provider's support department.
- jlcollincountyAnswered on October 26, 2012 at 01:59 PM
Same issue here! Using IE.
- khswebmasterAnswered on October 26, 2012 at 02:00 PMThat's definitely a JotForm for Dropbox. I've tried clearing the cache, switching computers, etc.I suppose it is possible that my work network is having issues, but, I'm not seeing problems with other sites. Really strange.
- khswebmasterAnswered on October 26, 2012 at 02:02 PMI'm apparently not alone with this... http://www.jotform.com/answers/142413-my-forms-look-terrible#0
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2012 at 02:22 PM
Can we please keep the discussion for your issue on the thread which you have recently opened? Thanks!
The problem is that none of us here at JotForm can reproduce the issue you're experiencing (and we're based on different locations across the globe).
It may or may not be your network connection that is at fault. The best way to find out is to view the forms on a different network.
- OIMSCSMDAnswered on November 26, 2012 at 09:18 AM
I am having this issue too on this form - http://www.jotform.com/?formID=3400434796
Even when I use the preview when attempting to preview prior to embedding or download.
I am using IE8 and the latest FF
- pinoytechAnswered on November 26, 2012 at 10:13 AM
Can you please create a new thread on your query and if your form is already embedded on your website, please include it on your post.