- stormingrobotsAsked on March 23, 2018 at 09:57 PM
In form https://www.jotform.com/80743726484161
fields did not show up..
There should be two separate fields , state and capital city dropdown box... but neither of them showed up.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 24, 2018 at 02:34 AM
I can see them both in your form now. I presume this is resolved?
- stormingrobotsAnswered on March 24, 2018 at 07:09 AM
The main issue I had was :
- bad criteria which hid the two fields.
For the live of me that I could not figure out. So, I went ahead to clear the browser cache and reload the form. The removed criteria showed back up again. I again removed the criteria, then it works - the hidden fields show back up.
This is for reference in case this happens to someone else ....:
I think the problem seemed to be the fact that I tried to edit criteria from a cell phone browser.
1) edit the criteria from a cellphone browser -> got rid of bad criteria which hid the two fields.
2) back on the desktop browser to do the editing. the bad criteria no longer there, but the fields still did not show up.
3) I then filed the ticket.
4) after a while, I decided to get out the browser (desktop)
5) reload the jotform --> build the form again
6) look at the criteria, the bad criteria showed back again.
7) went ahead to delete them again (from deskop browser)
8) the 2 hidden fields showed up after that.
Hmmm... the moral of the story, do not try to edit the criteria on a smartphone. Not sure this is a known issue. However, that's what happened in my case.
All is good now.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 24, 2018 at 10:07 AM
Thank you for the details, stormingrobots.
Ideally, there should be no distinction on building the form through a computer or a mobile phone. But in any case, we will do tests on our end as well to see how it should be replicated based on the information that you have shared.
In any case, feel free to let us know if you have other questions or concerns.