- giftcardbuddy159Asked on March 24, 2018 at 10:38 PM
I want to make a field where the user is REQUIRED to input 12 numbers into the field. I thought I had it covered through masking but then I figured out this doesn't require them to input as many #'s as you put... Basically I want the min. input to be 12 and the max input to be 12... help??
- giftcardbuddy159Answered on March 24, 2018 at 10:40 PM
BUT the amount of numbers that has to be input can change based on a drop down field they previously answered. So basically for example:
if they chose option A in the drop down then they would be required to enter 10 numbers in the field.
If they chose option B they would be required to enter 12 numbers in the field.
if they chose option C they would be required to enter 14 numbers in the field.
and so on and so forth. Any ideas? Can you do this with masking?!
- giftcardbuddy159Answered on March 24, 2018 at 11:11 PM
Basically I just need a field that functions like this one:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 25, 2018 at 02:18 AM
That's called Input Mask. Here's how to enable it in a field https://www.jotform.com/help/381-Getting-Started-with-the-Basics-of-Input-Masking.
Here's an example to accept 12 numbers.
- giftcardbuddy159Answered on March 25, 2018 at 05:35 AM
Yea........ but it does not REQUIRE 12 digits exactly. If you put in 11 it still passes the required verification and does not show an error.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on March 25, 2018 at 07:46 AM
This discussion seems to be a duplicate of your other thread. Please check my latest answer via the following link: