- lahhsAsked on March 26, 2018 at 12:34 PM
Hello. We would like to collect a deposit payment from people who sign up on one of our forms but then not charge them again until August, even if they sign up TODAY (March 26). Currently, the PayPal plugin only allows us to set up a "trial period" of 90 days from when someone submits their form. Can that be changed to be a little longer?
Or can the next charge be set for a specific DATE, regardless of when the customer submits their form?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 01:47 PM
Unfortunately, we cannot change that, I'm not sure if it is supported by the PayPal integration.
But, would the Payment authorization work for you? Please check: https://www.jotform.com/help/292-How-to-Enable-Payment-Authorization
You could get payment authorization only and capture payment at a later time when needed.
We'll wait for your response.
- lahhsAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 02:43 PMHello. We would like to be able to use the customer’s credit card information on a monthly basis as many of them will have monthly payment plans with us. With payment authorization, could we capture the payment as well as set it to begin monthly charges at the same time?
- lahhsAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 02:43 PMIs there chat support, so I am not waiting for long intervals in between my questions and JotForm’s replies? We have a deadline, so not a lot of time to resolve this.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 03:17 PM
I'm afraid that Payment authorization will allow you to charge your customer later, so you will not be able to charge the customer immediately and then capture later again.
PayPal integration has this options for the trial period:
So you have 6 months or 1-year options after 90 days option.
I'm not sure if that can be changed or customized. Again, I'm not sure if such is supported by PayPal.
We could forward this to our backend team for further checking for a possible implementation.
I'm not sure if Stripe integration could work for you since it is possible to set Trial period in days:
And then you could pull such subscriptions from Stripe.
We do have Chat support but it is enabled periodically, so it is not available all the time.
We'll wait for your response.
- lahhsAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 03:43 PMHello. Yes, please do ask someone to look into whether the option of a 75-day trial period can be added.
I realize that Stripe would solve our problem, but we already use PayPal for a number of forms and some of the staff are resistant to adding another type of payment collection – perhaps they are worried about it getting too confusing.
Development & Alumni Coordinator
Los Angeles Hebrew High School
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 26, 2018 at 06:09 PM
We only rely on the API of all the payment integrations available. If they do not support such custom days, then our backend team cannot implement it. I have now escalated this thread to our backend team as a feature request. Please note that we cannot give you a timeframe for this, but if there are updates, you should know it through this thread.
In the meantime, you may consider using Stripe since they do have that option to set a number of days.
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 03:47 AM
75 days trial period option is available now for PayPal. You can find the option in the Trial Period dropdown.
If you need any other details, please feel free to let me know.
- lahhsAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 04:43 AMHello. I am very grateful that you found a way to add a 75 day trial period
option. I am also embarrassed because I said 75 day period but I was
mistaken- we need a trial period to last from around now until August, so
that would FIVE MONTHS.
I am so sorry for my error. Is it possible to look into a five months
option at this point? Please let me know if your team will agree to do
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 27, 2018 at 05:54 AM
I will forward your last inquiry to our backend team to check if it is possible to implement 5 months period.
We will keep you posted.
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on March 28, 2018 at 03:28 AM
I have updated my last change. "5 months" trial period option is available now.
Please test your subscription. If you encounter any problem, please let me know.