- rfahaitiAsked on October 27, 2012 at 01:08 PM
I'm setting up a simple volunteer trip payment form using PayPal. Although I chose to not collect the address of the payer via the integration form it still shows up at the paypal payment page.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 01:54 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the address fields on the PayPal checkout page, as PayPal requires this info.
As a matter of fact, I would suggest having the name, email and address fields on your form since, these customer's information will automatically be extracted from Paypal if the payment is successful (and your Paypal IPN setup is correct). It will then be saved onto the form's submissions page together with the data for the product paid for.
- rfahaitiAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 01:56 PM
the option from the payment integration page to not show the address should then be removed.
- moonzkieAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 02:08 PM
Sorry but can you please clarify where you want the address field to not show? I cannot seem to find the option on the payment integration to hide the address field.
- rfahaitiAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 02:19 PM
On the "PayPal Payment Wizard: Account informaiton" page (the popup integration guide) -- there's an option that says "Need Payer Address: Yes/No". What is the functionality of that?
- moonzkieAnswered on October 27, 2012 at 02:44 PM
Thank you for the clarification.
Chaging the "Need Payer Address" option to "No" will just stop adding shipping cost to the total amount that will be paid.
- webnet2Answered on October 31, 2012 at 03:50 AM
mayb u can change tht to something else - shipping cost or something, bit misleading i can say
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on October 31, 2012 at 04:45 AM
Thank you for your response, webnet2. I'll forward this matter to our next tier support and have them consider your suggestion.
- JotForm SupportozanAnswered on November 01, 2012 at 08:02 AM
Hi rfahaiti and webnet2,
Actually "needs payer address" field represents if shipment address is needed. Paypal needs an address of the buyer by default, and it can't be avoided. But if your transaction does not need shipment, then you can skip only shipment address. We have changed the field's name to "needs shipment address" so I hope it is more clear now. Thanks for your feedback.