- hspropfundsAsked on March 28, 2018 at 04:07 PM
I figured out the integration piece but for some reason the form is not connecting with jotform when the form is submitted?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 28, 2018 at 06:17 PM
You are using Short Text Entry field for the first and last names. Our MailChimp integration supports the Full Name field. Please change that to fix the problem.
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 11:18 AM
We have made this adjustment with you form however the submission is still not linking to our mailchimp?
Can you please advise...
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 12:43 PM
I cloned your form and made a mailchimp list.
Make sure you have created a list field in your mail chimp account. Go to your list name, Settings>List fields then add the desired fields to be linked in your form.
I tested a submission and I successfully received the submission in my MailChimp list.
May we know what fields are not linking?
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 01:02 PM
Thank you for the response.
It is not about the links not showing up for the fields linking from mailchimp to jotform.
It is when the submission is made it is not sent to mailchimp to be added to my list.
See attached photos.
As you can see the fields have linked.
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 02:04 PM
We got the submission through Jotform.
But nothing connected to our MailChimp.
Below, you will see the latest submission. This is the same issue we are having.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 02:15 PM
Would you mind adding us as a Manager on your MailChimp account? Send an invitation to firstname.lastname@example.org if that's okay with you. Since you mapped some other fields, I prefer to troubleshoot it directly on your account.
If you cannot add us as Manager, then please send us a full view screenshot of your current Merge Tags, so we can try to replicate it on our end. The problem might be related to the Group Settings or the Field Type or the Opt-in Method (you've chosen single optin).
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 02:19 PM
Invitation sent, let me know if you receive.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 02:50 PM
We received your invitation.
We will test your mapped fields and try to replicate the issue.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 03:38 PM
It is the Group that's causing the problem. You will need to keep what's provided by the integration, especially the options. You can change the group label, but not the options.
Here's a screenshot of my test:
Note that I have already fixed this in your form. I hide the first group selection, and move the new one below it.
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 03:46 PM
Awesome, so are we all set?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 03:51 PM
Yes, you may consider testing again.
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 04:01 PM
Yes, we are still not seeing the submission from form to mailchimp.
What did you guys to do get the transition??????????
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 04:04 PM
You've set to update existing contact. Make sure that your email is not on the list. If you have it there, please delete before testing again.
I tested the form with a different email address, I get the confirmation and optin email. Here's a screenshot.
- hspropfundsAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 04:19 PM
Can we remove the opt in piece? I just want once they submit the form it goes straight to mailchimp?
I do not want them to have to back and opt in from a seperate email??
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Go to your mailchimp dashboard and click lists. Then on the right side click Opt-In settings and uncheck Double opt-in.
Hope this information helps.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.