- DavidAsked on March 29, 2018 at 03:41 PM
Hi Jotform team,
I am frequently having jotform fail on me. Every single time this happens is when I click submit at the very end and it automatically fails saying "file not found"
I have tried many different methods including but probably not limited to:
- Uploading a file while it's open on my desktop
- Uploading a file, deleting it, and re uploading it
- Uploading a file, changing and saving it, and reuploading it
- Using Google Chrome
- Google Chrome Incognito
- Firefox incognito
- Allowing files to completely finish uploading before going to the next page vs not allowing them to finish uploading before attempting to go to the next page
- Using autofill from Chrome vs. not using it
- Missing a required field and attempting to move past it and then uploading it after the req. field notification
- Going back and forth through pages in the form in order to change a note or and answer or a file etc.
I cannot get it to fail consistently for one thing, however, none of the other 3 users in the office have issues with it failing on them.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 29, 2018 at 05:00 PM
I have been testing with some of the submissions and I was able to download the files:
Have you deleted the submissions with this issue?
May you please share us an example of the submissions showing up this error?
Also, although I can see the option that requires the to be logged-in to view files is currently disabled, but it may have been enabled before so please make sure to be logged in when you try to access the files and see if that works.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 09:27 AM
No, I'm not sure how I would delete submissions with this issue because they never actually submit. They fail when i click the submit button at the very end. I will screen shot the next time it happens.
It's not about being able to download, or see files. It's about not being able to submit a jotform. Because when I click submit, it says "error file not found" immediately, as opposed to when it doesn't fail, Jotform loads for a couple of seconds after clicking submit and then gives me a confirmation page, as well as the email saying my form has been submitted.
- JotForm SupporttinaAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 10:01 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
I have cloned your form D0201 but I was not able to reproduce the issue. I have also sent your form a test submission. The form was submitted without any issue as seen below:
Are you having this issue in another form?
Next time, could you please provide us some screenshots of the browser console if you see any error on the console?
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 10:43 AM
You can upload your screenshots by following this guide.
May we know if you have embedded your form into your website? If yes, can we have the URL so that we can check it out?
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 10:49 AM
Thank you! Here is the screenshot. Yes, we have a link from our website to do these, and I have linked it below. Please let me know if you need any other details, or information from me!
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 11:05 AM
So I guess you're just using the direct link from your forms and not embedding the forms in your website correct?
Do you have an Internet Security software?Kindly, whitelist submit.jotform.us, it may be blocking it and causing you this error.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 11:21 AM
I'm not sure about that. Did you click the webpage link? Those are the different jotforms we have and use.
As for the internet security software, I wouldn't expect this to be the issue, as I am the only member who is having this problem consistently. I know one team member has had jotform fail once on them and that's it. Mine fails about 30% of the time
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 11:49 AM
Yes, I checked the link you have given but it prompts me to login to the website.
I cloned your form D0201 but can't seem to replicate the issue. I was able to submit the form and received the submission.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 02:07 PM
That is also my problem as well. I have not been able to recreate the fails consistently which makes it quite hard to figure out one aspect that is making them fail. It seems to be totally at random, by all of the split testing I have done (mentioned in the initial post).
As far as I know, that login is simply for your jotform username and password. I can continue sending screenshots of the error message, but It's always the same as the one that I uploaded today.
Thank you for your help on this! I appreciate it.
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 02:26 PM
The File not found error ,is a bit broad of an error. It could be caused by loss of connection, blocked firewall, to js script error.
Just keep us posted if an event the issue would persists, so that we can replicate it and pass it to our second level.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 02:36 PM
Thank you! I will keep you updated. Just so you know, this is definitely a persistent issue that has been going on since Christmas. I have tried many different variations when submitting the form to find a common link and have not been able to at all. I will continue to screen shot and upload here.
Maybe if there's a way to let your second level team know that this is something to look out for as well, that would be beneficial. Or even being able to change the content of the error message to narrow down and not be so broad. Thank you!
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 02:47 PM
We are sorry to hear that this has been going for quite a while now.
If you could open your developers tools,in Google Chrome, it would be Ctrl+Shift+I then go to Console.
If you can see errors in that window, please send us a screenshot so that we can analyze it and maybe pin point the issue.
Thank you and we are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 03:02 PM
Thank you for your help on this. I had been trying to figure it out on my own but decided to call in reinforcements after a few failed submissions this week. This is the only error I'm seeing and I think it was from viewing your screenshot above. Please let me know what else you'd like to see and I'll be happy to help! Thank you!
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 03:26 PM
I'm sorry if I was not clear with my instructions.
Kindly use the developer tool when you fill your form or submit your form so that we can check if there are errors on the form.
- DavidAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 03:37 PM
Oh ok! No worries! I will be sure to do that next tine I am submitting one and will be in touch. I don't think I will be submitting one today though. Thank you!