- carnivallocoAsked on March 30, 2018 at 06:56 AM
This page does not have permission to install the custom tab.
I am trying to link a registration form to one of my pages, however I keep getting an error message. Is there an easy way to fix this? I have included a screen shot.
- amyAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 07:24 AM
I am able to replicate this issue when the Facebook page is not in the live mode. However, if the Facebook page is live, I am able to add the JotForm tab to my page. Please check my result:
I would like to recommend you to check your Facebook page whether it is active or inactive. If your problem persists although your Facebook page is live, please let us know your page's and your forms URLs so that we can inspect it in detail.
- motocourierAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 01:30 PM
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 01:47 PM
I notice that there is already a JotForm added to your Facebook page.
Are you trying to add a new form to the page? If so, unfortunately, Facebook doesn't support adding multiple tabs to the page. However, you may consider adding iframe tab method to embed multiple forms on your facebook page. Please refer to the guide below:
- motocourierAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 02:34 PM
Thank you Kiran,
But two days ego I had no problem with the form.
Any way, I have an other page with no forms and even there I can't add the form.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on March 30, 2018 at 03:35 PM
Hi @carnivalloco and @motocourier,
I have tried adding a JotForm form to a Facebook page and as my colleague @amy mentioned in a previous reply, if the form is not Published this seems to fail. Please make sure that your Facebook page is published and that you have permissions in the page (you must be page admin or editor) to add a custom tab.
I will forward this to our developers to see if the form can be added to unpublished pages as well.
We will let you know via this thread once there is an update.
- motocourierAnswered on March 31, 2018 at 03:18 AM
Page is published, I am the admin, the problem is not solved.
- JotForm SupportAdrianAnswered on March 31, 2018 at 06:01 AM
Thank you for the detailed information, Sandro.
The issue has been forwarded to our developers and we will let you know when there is an update.
I suggest you try publishing the form to Facebook by opening the browser in Incognito (Private Mode).
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- StephanAnswered on March 31, 2018 at 07:31 AM
I tried that, but still the same error message...
- StephanAnswered on March 31, 2018 at 08:54 AM
Maybe, it's because we don't habe 2000+ Follower??
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 31, 2018 at 09:07 AM
Probably yes. I have tried creating a new page on my Facebook account and when I tried to add the form to the page, I am able to replicate the issue at my end. However, let me check with my colleagues to further investigate the issue. If there is any update, we'll keep you posted here.
- adhyAnswered on April 01, 2018 at 08:05 AM
There is a new rule from facebook. You need to receive at least 2000 fan before allowing to add a static tab
hope this help
- Michael ArndtAnswered on April 01, 2018 at 02:10 PM
Did this JUST happen? I manage two Facebook business pages and installed an app from JazzHR on one page just a few days ago and it worked just fine. Now I go in today to install on the other page and get the "This page does not have permission to install the custom tab.". When I go back and look at the first page the app is there, not where I had positions it but it's not working.
- JoyceAnswered on April 02, 2018 at 02:23 AM
I tried to tab Google+ and twitter to my facebook page but at the end it shows :Turn on to allow only approved Pages to tag you in branded content posts.
Anybody know how to solve the problem ? my page is https://www.facebook.com/ZORYNJEWELRY/
- wonstenAnswered on April 02, 2018 at 03:25 AM
I have same problem This page does not have permission to install the custom tab.
but i think its facebook problem because not only jotform, i add some other tabs, also this notice.
maybe FB change their policy
- BertiniAnswered on April 02, 2018 at 01:14 PM
Hello me it does not work!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 03, 2018 at 05:31 AM
The issue has already been reported to our backend team for further investigation. We thank you for all your inputs. If we have any news on this issue, we'll update on the thread.
- KonstantinAnswered on April 03, 2018 at 03:36 PM
Also very interested in the outcome if you have a solution.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 03, 2018 at 04:43 PM
You can use this thread for future reference in order to check for updates related to fixing this problem.
- bstolzeAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 03:37 PM
This just in... see the new NOTE atop Woobox's page here... http://help.woobox.com/customer/portal/articles/1006158-how-to-setup-an-html-fangate-tab---free-
Looks like you have to have 2000+ fans for custom tabs now
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 04:08 PM
Thank you for this information, we will consider and have in mind such restriction.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 01:28 AM
I opened a separate thread for you and we'll attend it here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1435872
- GarethAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 03:02 PM
Having the same problem and only sitting on 1000 fans...
If I was to buy the additional likes ( I know this isn't great ) would that make it work or does it have to be organic likes??
Thanks in advance!
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 03:42 PM
@Gareth I believe you might have posted in the wrong place. We do not condone selling of likes on any platform and do not participate in doing so.
- GarethAnswered on April 07, 2018 at 12:07 PM
Hi David. I wasn't asking to buy likes here... I'm asking would that work. In theory...
- gina0310Answered on April 14, 2018 at 07:01 PM
I am having the same problem with adding pages, I had to add a form and pin the post until the issue is fixed or I reach 2000 likes I suppose :(
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 14, 2018 at 11:54 PM
Please note that this is already reported to our developers; however, the limitation has been implemented on the Facebook side, our developers will review this and a solution might be implemented if possible, we will keep this thread updated.