- markashtonAsked on October 30, 2012 at 03:14 PM
Need I say more?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 30, 2012 at 03:49 PM
I'll add this to our development team's todo list. We'll inform you when it becomes available.
As always, thank you very much for your input. We really appreciate it, Mark.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
It actually comes with the default date. So, all you have to do is to edit that date. I am not sure why you think that's so difficult?
- markashtonAnswered on October 31, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Fair enough. It's not immediately obvious though ... ones looking for a calendar pop-up or something ... and then you see the date and think ... "Oh have I inadvertently set that to expire kind of nowish?"
Those were my thoughts ... love the feature ... ask a few people who don't know and watch them edit it ... bet they sit there for ages first ;-)
Tell me I'm wrong and I'll happily .... accept I'm wrong
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on October 31, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Thanks for your input.
I see that there is a ticket with your request and it may be implemented in the future depending on the response we get from our users.
- nalamdanaAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 08:21 PM
Yes, always prefer a calendar to manually typing dates. Typo risk is much higher.
Specifying the time zone of the expiry is key, too.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 13, 2012 at 08:32 PM
Thank you for your input/vote. A ticket has already been assigned to our developers and I am sure that they are already aware of this. We just can't provide you an ETA.
- markashtonAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Are you going to pop the calendar picker in here instead of having to type out the date ... which could goof if in different timezones
- KadeJMAnswered on April 15, 2014 at 01:17 PM
Hello Mark, I've sent a message to our developers to follow-up with this so right now I'm not sure of the status of this but we'll certainly fill you in as soon as something more is known.