- RedIceAsked on April 04, 2018 at 07:14 PM
Quick question, we have the Referrer widget on our form,
when they fill it out it shows you where the person has come from. We are running a Google Adwords campagin, what would the Referrer widget say if it came from Google Adwords?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 08:49 PM
To clarify, the Get Referrer widget is different in functionality to google Adwords. So there is no relation if you use both on your form.
JotForm does not have existing integration or widget that uses the google ad words.
To use google ad words on your form, you will have to use custom thank you page URL You can check the same discussion thread on the link below
I hope this help. Let us know how we can be of further assistance.
- RedIceAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 09:41 PM
You have misunderstood what I was saying.
If a person fills the form and they have come through Google Adwords, what does it say in the Referrer section?
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 11:27 PM
I believe that you will share the direct link to your form in your Google AdWords campaign, so the form will be loaded through the direct link, so that's what the widget will capture.
- RedIceAnswered on April 04, 2018 at 11:30 PM
Ok so it will be a Adwords kind of URL?
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 02:47 AM
Yes, if the form was shared via Google AdWords, the widget will capture the Google AdWords URL.
- RedIceAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 02:49 AM
Ok what if they clicked on the Google Ad through Google?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 05:36 AM
I'm not sure about that, as long as how the widget is working I assume that it should be picking up the link from Google Ad as well.