- LokalvaardAsked on April 05, 2018 at 04:47 AM
For several forms we use the "Table report" in Jotform and a query in Excel to extract the data and analyze it. Our problem is that all of a sudden the data from the reports are not presented in the same way as they used. Before - every entry from a "Configurable list"-widget was added as a new row - now all data is in the same row. If you look at the attached pictures you can see the difference. The queries in excel have not changed and the data is the same but it is not presented in the same way.
Can we please, in any way get the data as it was reported before???
Coor Service Management
OLD (this is how we want it):
NEW (Doesn't work):
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 07:14 AM
I am not sure if I understand your query correctly. Are you web querying the data from Table to Excel spreadsheet? Could you confirm if the same query earlier pulled the table data to Excel on separate rows for the configurable list widget?
As far as I know, the configurable list widget generated the data in separate lines, but when exported to Excel it used to be in the single cell. Could you let us know how the data in the excel sheet is populate so that we can try to replicate and assist you further?
We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- LokalvaardAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 09:45 AM
Yes, we have a query in Excel that collects the data from a table report that has been created in JotForm.
All of a sudden there is a difference in how the data entered through a "Configurable list"-widget compared to how it used to be. Before every entry from the "Configurable list"-widget was added as a separate row in excel (see my first picture above, the column "Protocol" is gathered using the Configurable list)
Now, all data gathered using the Configurable list is entered in one cell in excel (my second picture). Something has changed. However I have no idea if it is how the data is presented in the JotForm-report or if Microsoft have changed the way queries collect the data (that is what I'm trying to understand).
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on April 05, 2018 at 11:36 AM
I have tested your form by downloading the submissions as either excel or CSV file and noticed that all the fields in configurable list are added to one row instead of having entries in different rows as you have shared using the image above.
However as far as my understanding, configurable lists entries have always been added to one row and not different rows. Based on evidence you have shown, I will escalate the issue to our level2 support team form further analysis and review. We will update you on this thread once the issue is resolved.
- LokalvaardAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 07:21 AM
No problem, we have now rebuilt our Excel files to handle the new way data is being transferred from JotForm to Excel.
- LokalvaardAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 09:27 AM
Just for you reference... I have now identified the problem and it is directly related to some change in how data is presented in the JotForm report.
Here is a picture of how it used to look. As you see each data in the "Protocol"-column has a separate row. When the Excel query gathers the data each row is entered in a new cell.
This is how it looks now. Here you can see that the data under "Protocol" is no longer on separate rows. All data is entered as one long text string and when the query gathers the data everything is entered in one cell.
As I wrote earlier, we have now updated all our excel files to the new way data is presented so PLEASE don't change it back now :-)
- JotForm SupportTREVONAnswered on April 06, 2018 at 10:35 AM
Thank you for the update. I will update our level2 team to disregard the change request.