- bdoodleAsked on April 08, 2018 at 02:09 PM
I have many products with subproducts in my purchase orders. Every subproduct of a given product has the same shipping rate. What I want is to specify the same lesser shipping charge for each additional subproduct ordered when:
1. The customer orders > 1 of a specific subproduct
2. The customer orders > 1 of the subproducts of the particular product involved.
For example. we sell four diff types of racing mainsails for a Flying Scot. The customer may order more than one mainsail of a given type (e.g. two standard mainsails) AND the customer may also order more than one type of mainsail (e.g. one standard mainsail and one mainsail with gigantic window) I always want to charge $35 shipping for the first mainsail ordered and say, $25 for any additional mainsail... whether it is for the same or a different subproduct. I can't see how to do this. Is it possible or do I have to define each mainsail as a different product?
Please see http://www.madsails.com/Order_FS_sails.html
Another example are my hats (on a different form.) One hat of any color should ship for $1.50. If the customer orders 2 black hats or 1 red hat and 1 black hat, the second hat should be charged lesser shipping. Customers often order multiple hats at a time. I'd hate to have to set up each color as a separate product to achieve this!
Thanks for any help you can give.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on April 08, 2018 at 03:58 PM
As far as I understand, you need to reduce shipping when more than 1 product (sub-product) is selected. Unfortunately, it can't be achieved with Shipping settings at the moment.
But, I can suggest to create a coupon code to discount shipping costs when the total order is greater than some value. From what I can see at your form, the value can be a 1000 to receive a discount. It would mean that more than 1 different item was chosen. Is it acceptable for you?
Hope this helps. But, if you need further assistance, just let us know.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 08, 2018 at 04:43 PMThanks for your reply. Your solution will not help me though. I need to do it at the product level, not the order level.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 08, 2018 at 04:50 PM
The Coupon Code discount can also be applied on the product level.
Check on the user guide: How to Add Coupon Code to Payment Forms
I hope this help. Let us know if this will still not work for you.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 06:55 AM
Thank you. The coupon discount at the product level might work except that I can't ask the customer to enter a coupon to get the shipping discount they deserve for a multiple order. Is there any way to use this functionality without asking for a coupon code?
- JotForm SupporttinaAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 10:43 AM
As I checked your account you have already set different shipping cost but I assume that this feature couldn't meet your expectations.
As a workaround you may consider:
1) serving your products as form fields (single choice, multiple choice, dropdown) instead of payment products and set them calculation values.
2) setting update calculate conditions in order to calculate different shipping cost.
3) finally passing the final cost to payment integration.
If you request it, I would prepare an example form and its guide.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 10:59 AM
I'll take your reply as a "no". You can't offer a discount on shipping for multiple different subproducts ordered under a single product without asking the customer to enter a coupon code. Correct?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 01:07 PM
Yes, you are correct. There is no option to apply a shipping fee for the sub-product options in the form.
Let me escalate this thread to our backend team as a feature request. Unfortunately, we cannot give you an estimate as to when this feature will get implemented or if our developers will consider adding them in the future, but as soon as we have an update, we will let you know through this thread.
- bdoodleAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 02:43 PMThank you.