- Cedric BrusselmansAsked on April 09, 2018 at 12:07 PM
I have a form for which the default language should be DUTCH ("Nederlands") and not English - see:
Cadac BIM Price Calculator_v0603:
Even though I have selected Dutch as primary language in the form admin tool and have turned off the button to adapt the form's language to the browser's, it still shows in English by default.
As you can see by going to the URL, the language flag is Nederland but the form content is in English...
- How can I make sure that this specific form always shows in Dutch ("Nederlands")?
- Then, is there a way to add a language code in the URL itself, for instance (e.g. /lang=nl/)?
- I have the same issue with another form - it should show in French by default and keeps showing in English: how can I fix this too? (https://form.jotformeu.com/80884524994371)
Thanks for your help to fix this,
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 01:43 PM
The form language should be the one you used when you were building your form, so if you typed in the text in English on the form builder, then you should use English as the form language.
Now, you may enable the detect language option so it changes according to the browser's language if you need to change the default one based on the user settings.
Now, you can indeed change the language through the form URL as well, you only need to add the parameter "?language=" followed by the language you need to set as default.
To find the language value you may inspect the language picker using the developers tools and get the data language from there:
I hope this helps.
- cedricbrusselmansAnswered on April 09, 2018 at 03:40 PM
Thank you Kevin, it works!