- surfmenAsked on April 12, 2018 at 06:16 AMI want to make a quiz where each question has 5 answers and each answer has different points, at the end i want to calculate sum of point based on answers, i also tried calculation form which is added directly to form which works really strange, for example when i assign 5 point to some answer the sum in calculation form appears not "5" but "50000000". Any idea?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 12, 2018 at 06:23 AM
I have checked your JotForm and see that the calculation field is added with the field names only. Since you wanted to calculate the sum, it is required to add + signs in the calculation formula.
- surfmenAnswered on April 12, 2018 at 06:31 AM
Thank you for your answer but i dont understand it. Could you make one example in my form?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 12, 2018 at 07:02 AM
I mean to say that adding plus signs between the fields should calculate the total and display in the calculation widget.
Also, it seems that you have not added all the multiple choice fields on the form. Please check the fields in the calculation widget once again.
- surfmenAnswered on April 13, 2018 at 12:38 PM
I get it :-) But its doesnt solve the issue, all question are set as mutiple choice. When i add + sign it doesnt calculate at all... any advice? switching to singlechoice?
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on April 13, 2018 at 02:05 PM
I have checked your Form calculation widget and you have not set to add your values, as what my colleague have suggested.
You need to add the addition symbol for your calculation to work and add all the necessary fields in the calculation widget.
Here is my screen cast when I added the addition symbol to calculation the fields.
Here is the link to my cloned form so that you can check the calculation values of my widget.
Hope this information helps.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
- surfmenAnswered on April 17, 2018 at 05:58 PM
i tried what you suggested but forgot to save it. Now its saved but it doesnt work like in your video. It doesnt work at all. You can check
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 17, 2018 at 08:07 PM
I have checked your form and it does not work; however, the plus signs are missing as my colleagues have been stating on their previous replies.
I went ahead and added them, the form calculates properly now. Here's an example using your form:
Now, I noticed that you have included only 8 fields in your calculation when there are 16 in total on your form, you must add them in order to properly calculate the total.
The following guide will help you with the basic information about calculations: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
I hope this helps.
- surfmenAnswered on April 18, 2018 at 02:58 AM
I think there might be problem with saving, i added all 16 questions and save it and it doesnt work as you can check, even if i open it in new browser...dont know what else to do...
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 18, 2018 at 05:02 AM
I have checked your JotForm and see that the plus signs are added properly in the formula now. As I tested the form, the calculation seems to be working fine.
Please check again and let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist.