- WillAsked on April 13, 2018 at 04:22 PM
WHY IS MY ACCOUNT Suspended?
I can not log on and the site keeps saying "suspended" when i enter my password. Please help.
- JotForm SupportVictoria_KAnswered on April 13, 2018 at 04:46 PM
The form eLife pre fill worksheet was found on your account suspicious of phishing activity because it is collecting Driver's Licence and SSN numbers.
Please be aware that online form builders, including JotForm are being used for identity theft in the past. We go to great lengths to prevent this. That is why Driver's Licence and SSN numbers fields are considered as a Phishing activity as stated in our Terms-of-Use:
Phishing. You agree that JotForm, Inc. may terminate your JotForm Service immediately if a form's purpose is found to be deceptively obtaining, for example: sensitive credit card information, social security numbers, user login credentials, or other sensitive personal information. All these activities are considered as Phishing and any account along with the violating forms will be suspended immediately.
However, there are exceptions, here are some examples of businesses that require a SSN and Driver's License for legitimate purposes:
• Insurance companies
• Credit card companies, lenders, and any other company receiving a credit application from you
• The three main credit reporting agencies: TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
• Any company that sells products or services that require notification to the IRS, including:
- Investment advisors
-Real estate purchases
-Financial transactions over $10,000, such as automobile purchases; and other financial transactions.
If your purpose is not to collect Driver's Licence and SSN numbers from the general public, but from your own customers; if your business is among the list above and if you follow the recommendations; then you need to comply with two things.
2. Add a Signature widget where your users sign and agree to provide such sensitive information.
At the moment we have deleted the field and reactivated your account so you can continue developing the form.