- guest_22884517747062Asked on November 06, 2012 at 01:55 PM
My form formID=23084398630154 is not showing the submit button when I embed it on my website. I have tried iframe and js embeds with the same result. Even when I click preview on the Jotforms website it does not show the submit button. What am I doing wrong?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on November 06, 2012 at 02:11 PM
Can you please share the URL o the website?
I see that when testing the stand alone form things seem to be working.
We'll wait for your response!
- stresshackerAnswered on November 06, 2012 at 03:45 PM
You checked another form of mine, apparently. The form that is not working is this one: http://www.jotform.com/?formID=23084398630154
Can you please check this one and let me know what the problem may be?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on November 06, 2012 at 04:39 PM
I didn't even saw any submit button on your form (even on edit view) as of this typing. I think you've removed it. After restoring this button, be sure to check your existing conditions if there are any conditions set for hiding the submit button. Here's how you can view existing conditions.
1. While on your form (Edit Mode), Click Setup & Embed
2. Click Conditions menu.
3. On the Condition Wizard, Click "Save Conditions" to view existing conditions.
Check and delete if there are any existing conditions for the submit button field. Thanks!
- guest_23106504088044Answered on November 07, 2012 at 08:55 AM
I am disappointed by the careless responses I am getting from the support staff. I do understand this is a free service that I am taking advantage of, so I won't say anymore.
TO RESTATE once again, my form is perfect in edit mode. It has the submit button. There are no conditions set. However, IT DOES NOT SHOW the submit button in preview or when it is actually embedded on my website.
If anyone could look at the actual form http://www.jotform.com/?formID=23084398630154 and tell me what is going on, that would be great.
- pinoytechAnswered on November 07, 2012 at 09:15 AM
We apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused. As I've check your form, I found incomplete condition regarding on your submit button. Kindly check your form condition and just simply delete/remove the condition to solve the issue.
If you need further assistance, do let us know.
- stresshackerAnswered on November 07, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Thank you for your clear answer. The fix you suggested took care of it, finally!
- pinoytechAnswered on November 07, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Cheers!!! I'm happy to hear that your form is working fine now.
Have a great day!