- aletrasAsked on November 11, 2012 at 09:32 PM
I'm using your Dropbox API for my forms. The problem is this...
I used a field to organize where the file is dropped, so in this case Location
the API makes a folder named by the Location field. This works fine.
The contents of the form are then put into a file in that folder along with the uploaded file.
The problem is this...
If there is another file from the same location it overwrites the contents of the previous form submission.
Is there a way to have the file add a (x) number to the name if there is another one named the same thing already?
or have the folder name from the chosen field but have the form contents named by submission ID ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated...Page URL:
- aletrasAnswered on November 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM
You could even append the file name with the submission ID.
Folder is Houston
uploaded file is filename.pdf
form submission is Houston23434345353434
where 23434345353434 is the Submission ID
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 01:43 AM
Our dropbox integrations DO NOT allow you to modify/create any folder for dropbox integration nor is there any option you can select a location to where the submissions go. The submissions folder name is automatically created by dropbox in eighten (18) numerical figures so I wonder why you have mention that it overrides something when you receive a new submissions.
The Dropbox integration will generate a folder to your computer with this following format;
Dropbox Folder/<Name of the Form> Folder/Eighten Numerical figures folder (for every new submissions)/submissions files
Please let us know your thoughts about this.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 01:45 AM
By the way, I have clone your form and made a test submissions to support what I meant;
- guest_23164874000042Answered on November 12, 2012 at 12:17 PMThe problem. I'm having is all over the forum so u don't know why you said what you said. And I named a field location. And it creates a folded by that name and whine you upload Another file in that same location it overwrites the form submission file with the latest uploaded form. The form submission is the only way I know what file belongs to whomever uploaded it.
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on November 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Sorry for the missunderstanding...
At the moment, the only thing you can manage in the integration is the folder name.
In order to avoid having a new submission take the place of an old submission, you can name your folder with a unique ID. Or a date and time field. Any field that will be unique.
Here is a guide on how to go about this:
Add the unique ID field to your form
Enter your submissions page
Follow these steps: